Friday, May 22, 2015

The Great Experiment - Bizzaro World (Part 2)

So, how did I do? Well, I'd say I did ok but not great. The following are the items I wrote down to help me understand what went well and what didn't go well. Then, I reset my game plan based on lessons learned. 

May 19, 2015
Plus
  •  I was more focused and did more than I would have two weeks ago.
  • Conversations with others felt more impactful (even if the other people didn't say anything).
  • Thinking about My Why and the Interstates Why was good for me (energy, attitude, etc.).
Delta
  • I did not do it every day.
  • It's hard to do something for teammates on the weekends.
  • If I got busy or focused on getting stuff done, I forgot about it or did it poorly.
Moving forward (lessons learned)
  • Keeping it simple is key for me: The Power of More - What More Can I Do?
    • 1 thing for family/friends
    • 1 thing for teammates (focus on Monday-Friday; don't feel guilty if it does not happen on the weekends)
    • Identify the two people at the beginning of the day.
  • Set the tone every day by remembering:
    • My Why and the Interstates Why
    • Lead with love and have a thankful heart.
    • Be all in. 
I hope you got something out of this experiment. For me, it was helpful to keep John's message in front of me for another week and set the direction for myself moving forward. 

Continue leading the Interstates Way by Rising Above (John's theme), being all in, and remembering the Why!

Scott Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment