Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Great Experiment - Bizzaro World (Part 1)

This week's post comes from Scott Peterson.

This blog post is an experiment. It is actually my journal entries from two different dates -- May 14 and May 19, 2015. These journal entries allowed me to lean into two different elements:
  
         1. The excitement and motivation that comes from hearing a great message. 

         2. The fear of not doing anything with the message and losing that motivation. 

So, basically, this is an experiment for me and on me. It's a way for me to learn more about myself and understand how I can boost my personal accountability and self-discipline. Hopefully you can get something out of it too. If nothing else, you will have some insight into Scott's world, also known as "Bizzaro World -- a strange and scary place." Enjoy!!

May 14, 2015
Yesterday was the John O'Leary event. I was lucky enough to hear John's message for the 2nd time (in the morning with the students and faculty of local schools) and 3rd time (in the afternoon with Interstates employees and various local community members). I thought both presentations were awesome. I am truly motivated and inspired. Now, here’s the challenge:  What am I going to do with it?

Here is my game plan. I need to keep it simple, and I need to keep it going. 
            a. Journal every day on the topic, "What more can I do?"
            b. Pick two people (one family/friend and one teammate) to invest in.
                (Names have been excluded.)
                          i. My kids - Spend 15 minutes truly listening to them about any topic.
                         ii. My teammates - Take a chance and give them some feedback so they
                                                        can be more successful.
            c. Today, remember:
                          i. My Why (personal mission statement) and the Interstates Why
                         ii. Success is a journey, not a destination.
                        iii. Be all in.
                        iv. Lead with love.

This might be too much. I will try to implement these activities for a week and then see if I need to make changes. Now comes the scary part for me: day 2 - day 7. Why? This is the test of my commitment and self-discipline. Will I choose to act and lead differently or will I allow the busyness of life to pull me into my old routines? Time will tell, but as of today, I will try. 

Stop back tomorrow to see the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment